Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Fancy Family Room

I have REALLY enjoyed my days off this week. Didn't really do anything exciting, but it has definitely been a relaxing few days. I did manage to clean and organize almost the entire house. :o)  Spring cleaning is so awesome. Everything feels so put together.

While I was cleaning, I did some decorating, which got me in the mood to decorate my dream home. You know...the one in my mind. Haha! So here's the living/family room. Enjoy!

Not sure if there is a right or wrong way to do it, but I always plan living rooms around the sofa. I want a light-colored sofa so badly! I love the kind of tonal stripe effect this sofa has. A+


I can't stop swooning over this armchair! The fabric is so adorable, and I love the pastel colors. I'll take two!



Now that you've seen the armchair fabric, I thought I'd share my choice of decorative pillows!


Quaint little ottoman for the two armchairs.


Add in a couple of accent tables and pretty flower vases.


Sweet trunk as a coffee table.


And a pretty peacock tray to set on top.



Table and floor lamps to add some ambient lighting.




Decorative candle holders and book ends for the mantle. ;o)  And book boxes...just because I've always wanted one!


This was, by far, one of the coolest things I found. It's curled wood! How cool is that?! Can you image a group of three hanging at different heights in the corner? Yay!




Some decorative art for the walls.


And a pretty area rug for the floor.

Ok...so I know there's a few things I left out, like a tv stand for example, but those are minor details. Haha! The important thing is that everything looks pretty!

Hope you enjoyed! Ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...