Friday, April 15, 2011

Frilly Frills



I got SOO many compliments on my outfit today! I couldn't believe it. One co-worker even said that my style reminded her of Kelly Osbourne..after her wardrobe transformation. ;o)

I never thought that I would have been able to "pull off" an outfit like this where I used to live. Small towns are so discouraging. Well, the one that I lived in was anyway. I just feel so inspired by my new home! I feel like I'm finally able to be myself and dress how I wish. I know I should have felt like that before, but it's hard when you know that 90% of the people that you will see during the day will toss you at least one judgmental glare. Oh well...I suppose I'll overcome that with time.


This ruffled cardigan from Old Navy is so cute! I originally bought it for a job interview (ironically at Old Navy). The only drawback is that it's lined, and it doesn't breathe very well throughout the day. :o(  However, it has adjustable straps (Yay!) and fits in the ....upper region.... for those ladies who are "well-endowed."


My black ruffle shoes are probably the cutest pair of flats I own right now.. I had to throw out a ton of my flats because they were damaged by water. Anyway, that being said, they are SUPER uncomfortable. Maybe it's just because my job requires me to be on my feet 5-9 hours a day, but just wearing them out here and there isn't a problem. I guess I'll keep them around.


First of all, sorry for the terrible lighting. :o(  I just wanted to get a close up of the ruffles on the cropped cardigan. They're so fun. I can't button it though because it looks a little strange on my body type when buttoned.
So...there's a little run down of my duds for the day, haha! Here's a recap:

Cardigan: Charlotte Russe
Ruffled Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Walmart
Tights: Fashion Bug
Flats: Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...