Monday, April 25, 2011

Such a Sweet Sadness



I finally watched Never Let Me Go. First of all, I had no idea this was based on the book. (Which I will be purchasing as soon as possible. Maybe I would have noticed had I taken a second look at the cover of the movie.) Secondly, what an achingly beautiful story. Were parts of the movie unnecessary, in my opinion? Yes, but I haven't read the book. Was it a very odd version of a "true love" story? Absolutely! Undoubtedly one of my new favorites.

One of the very few things I'm not thrilled about is the fact that I saw the movie before reading the book that it was based upon. I usually don't like experiencing things in this order. However, there have been a few exceptions to the rule. Hopefully, this is one of those instances.

The images in this movie were amazing. The landscapes... the architecture... the colors. I'm still in a heart-broken haze. I love when a story touches my soul and really makes me wonder. Makes me believe in something. I felt the pain. I felt the love. It was such an incredible journey.

PLEASE watch at least this one part of the interview with the director. (Tune in around 0:40.)


Mark Romanek Video Interview NEVER LET ME GO from ColliderVideos on Vimeo.

I hope you all choose to "look into the mirror", and I hope you enjoy this film as much as I did.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...