Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

My, my...hey, hey. It's been a.....weird week. Well, it's almost been a week since I last posted. A lot has happened. Good, bad, and everything in between. At times, I've felt like Alice falling up through a rabbit hole.
(May get this tattooed on me somewhere...)

I know this is going to sound terrible, but I've basically just been trying to survive each day. I should enjoy each moment and make the most of every opportunity, but honestly, sometimes that's just really hard for me. I'm not going to dive very deeply into this topic, but I will say that, at one point in time, I was diagnosed with depression. I've seen counselors, been on meds, etc... One of the things I've learned during my struggle with this disease is that people with depression aren't just seeking attention. We don't want to be pessimistic or ruin everyone else's day with our problems. That's always been something that has added to my negative feelings. I don't want to upset other people, so I smile and nod and say "I'm fine". So, when I tell you that I battle depression, it's not to gain pity. It's to help you understand who I am and to help explain why I may not sound like Susie Sunshine in all of my posts. I try to be as upbeat and positive as possible, but I also can't stand faking it anymore. I'm giving myself permission to have bad days and not have to hide them. Which is a big deal for me.

So...now that I got all of that off my chest. On to the good stuff.......

Pinterest.com ...Yep, I'm bringing it up again. My interaction with this site has blown past addiction and morphed into full on obsession! I can literally spend hours on there looking up DIY crafts, sewing tutorials, decorating ideas, yummy recipes. It's crazy! I can't believe it took me so long to find out about it...

Check out these awesome tutorials I found!

Adorable skirt? Yes. Is it made out of a men's button down shirt? Yes!

Asymmetrical ruffled tee. <3

And I'm sorry....but I don't think one can ever have too many shirts with ruffles. ;o)

Isn't it funny how your tastes change throughout your life? If someone had told me that I would eventually love ruffles and sequins.....I would have literally laughed in their face. Skirts? "Yea, right!" Flowers in my hair? "You're off your rocker!" And now, I seriously can't get enough of those things. C-razy, I tell you.

I leave you with this:


"And if you fail, then you fail but not to us..."

Hope you had a great weekend.

Ttfn.

2 comments:

  1. Being honest is my BIGGEST thing on my blog. I'm not always happy! But I'm also not always unhappy. It's important to be an authentic person. I like your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really wanted to avoid posting negative things, but that's not realistic. I started this blog so that I could share things I love and what's going on in my life...including the bad days. It's nice to feel supported in that decision. ;o)

    Thanks, Liz.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...