Monday, May 2, 2011

My Body Monday: My Tattoos

Hey everyone! Hope ya'll had a great weekend! (That's my southern accent coming out. I haven't always lived in Philadelphia you know.) I worked all weekend. So today is my Friday. Yippie!

In case you haven't read about my blog schedule, you can see it here. So today's My Body Monday is actually about my body, haha. I thought I'd share photos of the tattoos I already have with you. ;o)

This little lady is on the top of my right foot. You may have seen her in a few outfit post pictures.... or maybe not, haha. There's no real significance to this tattoo. Aside from the fact that I really like fairies! ;o)

Anyway. This was actually my third tattoo, but I just realized that I don't have pictures of my first two! Oh no! The first tattoo I got was a cross and "Romans 8:28" on the back of my neck. It was done by a local "wanna-be" amateur. Is that a little harsh? Yes. Should I have gone to her? No. But I was young, and my mind was set. So I'll have it reworked eventually.

The second tattoo is a matching tattoo that I got with my husband (then fiance). It consists of two hearts and the letters "T" & "K". His is on his outer calf, and mine is on my shoulder blade.

I had this music note reworked a couple of years ago. This represents how much music means to me. Second only to Jesus, music is my refuge. New songs and well-written, heart-felt lyrics consume me. I get lost in the sound. Music is so dear to my heart, which explains the placement.

"Give Me Agape". Agape love is unconditional love. The love of the Father. It's not based on performance, looks, what I have or can offer. I'm loved because of who I am. The good and the bad. Give me Agape. Give me Love. Give me Jesus.

Toby is my husband's name. I got this the same day as my Agape tattoo. They were birthday presents from him actually. :o)  (He has my name on his ring finger, too...)

The newest addition: My runny babbit. ;o) He represents the white rabbit in "Alice in Wonderland". He reminds me to try new things. Take new adventures. I'm very shy, so sometimes I need a push.... a gentle reminder. (No, I haven't named him yet, haha.)

So there you have it. I'm constantly thinking of new ideas and finding new inspiration. My obsession as of right now? The chest piece I'm trying to figure out. I think I've almost got it. I usually mull-over an idea for a while before I finally start to take the steps to make it happen. I also haven't found an artist since moving. I'll most likely go to someone on South Street. I've talked to lots of people, and most of their artists have been located somewhere on South Street. So, I'm definitely looking forward to strolling down there one day to check things out.

If you're reading this and you live in the Philadelphia area, let me know who you go to! Or who your friends/family go to... I'm open to suggestions!

You saw mine. Want to share yours? What tattoos do you have???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...